Saturday, July 6, 2013

Weigh In Week One

I got my butt out of bed at 5 AM this morning and drove it an hour to go to the nearest 6:30 AM Weight Watchers meeting.  I chose this meeting specifically because I had a sneaking suspicion it was the same leader as a meeting I attended last year.  She'd only been the leader for my first two meetings, so I don't know if she was just filling in or what, but she was a big motivating factor for me, as she's close to my age, appears to be single and without kids, so I can relate.  Most leaders are married with grown children...I don't have any children yet, so....  Plus this leader lost 130 lbs and looks great.  Big motivator.  

So I get there and lo and behold, it is her!  I was very excited.  I also quickly realized I was the youngest person in the meeting.  Impressive, since I'm only a couple of years away from 40!

I got all signed up and weighed in and was relieved to see that my 3 days of focus have paid off to the tune of almost 6 pounds.  I was at 344.4.  

I'm probably going to head to the movies soon and see World War Z.  I may even get a small popcorn.  Though right now I'm not feeling the popcorn, as I ate lunch early (due to that 5 AM wake up time) and am pretty full!

As promised, pictures of some of my food from yesterday:


My crazy potato, bread & butter pickle, and sun-dried tomato vinagrette green salad that I enjoyed for lunch yesterday.

A pretty blurry picture of the squash and orange bell pepper I chopped up prior to sauteeing them up with some onions and garlic to be used in my barbeque chicken & veg quesadillas that we dined on for dinner last night.

I'm so, so bad at remembering to take food photos, that I took this one halfway through eating my dinner last night.  I apologize for the lack of photo gloriousness.  These quesadillas were delish, though!

I just used the leftover chicken and vegetables from last night on top of another salad today.  It was an interesting combo...tonight will be a pretty boring dinner...some sausage, baked (or mashed) potatoes and some kind of veg....tbd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Your encouragement is always welcome!