Thursday, July 18, 2013

Day 17

Somehow...incredibly, amazingly...I've managed to pull myself up by the bootstraps and get my shit together.

I've done really well the past couple of days with my eating.  Yesterday I was over just a little bit, but I'm not going to let that stress me out.  According to my scale, I'm also 2 pounds down from Saturday.  I'm a bit obsessive about weighing myself as I do it at least twice a day!  But I find it helps keep me focused.

I cooked last night for the first time in awhile and made Crockpot Cilantro Lime Chicken, which I ended up shredding and serving over some tortilla chips (which I portioned out) and Skinny Broccoli Salad.  Both of which were fantastic and got rave reviews from the fam.  Next time, I'd just make sure to chop the broc up into smaller chunks.  I had to run to the store yesterday for a few things to make this meal and once again, did a great job of not buying a whole bunch of crap or a "treat" for the car ride home.

A blurry photo of the Skinny Broccoli Salad.  It was quite tasty.

I am drinking WAY too much Coke Zero and Diet Coke lately and not getting nearly any exercise.  My days this week have consisted of sitting and playing computer games, reading a ton, and watching the first season of True Blood.

My 38th birthday is in a couple of weeks and my family is going out for a meal.  I want it to be somewhere out of the ordinary, so I'm looking into that now.

Meanwhile, I just need to be on my best behaviour for the next two days, because I'm really looking forward to my meeting on Saturday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Your encouragement is always welcome!