Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Lure of the Cookie

I love chocolate chip cookies.  If I could eat only one food for the rest of my life, that would probably be it.  I mean...really.  I really, really love them.  Maybe someday human-cookie marriage will be legalized and I'll be at the front of that line - a homemade chocolate chip cookie in hand, it's chocolate chips melting into the warmth of my palm.

Okay, perhaps that's taking it a bit too far....

So last night, after having planned my whole day (and having thrown in a couple of snacks too, that I did track, thank you very much), I decided I NEEDED...needed...a Diet Coke from McDonalds.  Off I went to collect it, thinking to myself that some McDonald's chocolate chip cookies sounded MIGHTY tasty and that all my hard work for the day be damned, that's what I was going to eat.

Well to make a long, semi-complicated story short - I did not get the cookies.  I talked myself off that ledge and finished strong yesterday.  I stayed under my points with 2 to spare.  I sat down and planned today out just like I did the night before and I went to bed.

It's just good to know that I have that strength deep down inside...that the will to do this is still pretty damn strong.

Just have to take it all as it comes, one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Your encouragement is always welcome!