Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Day 8

It's Day 8 already???  Wow...I'm kinda impressed with myself.

So, yesterday was pretty good!  I didn't workout, but I'm not stressed over that at all.  I had to go to the grocery store and on my way there I started feeling kind of anxious like "can I do this without doing something stupid?"  Because old me would have thought I "deserved" a treat of some sort.  You know...just a little something for the car ride home....but once I got there, I honestly didn't even give it much thought.  It flashed through my mind quickly a couple of times, but I didn't even care to dwell on it.  So, I got what I went for, left and came home.

I rented some movies last night and started watching one of them:  Mama.  Ugh.  I cannot.  I repeat, CANNOT...watch scary movies by myself late at night.  I enjoyed some popcorn while I watched it and my niece kept coming in the room, so luckily, I was forced to give the movie up for the evening.  I'll finish it later today...during daylight hours!  I had intended to start it earlier, but my sister invited me to go hang out with some friends poolside, so I did that for a bit first.

This was dinner:

AMAZING green beans, mashed potatoes, and...sausage.
The sausage was what we had in the fridge...the mashed potatoes I mashed with a tbsp of Brummel & Brown (1 PP), and 1/4 cup of light sour cream.  I've found I really enjoy using yellow potatoes lately.  They taste much better than russets and these made awesome mash.  The green beans, though...they were the piece de resistance (I have no idea if I spelled any of that correclty...it's been almost 20 years since my French-taking days).

I steamed the beans, then sauteed them with some onions and garlic and topped that off with a drizzle of lemon juice.  Lots of love from the fam on these.

I made these muffins last night:  Healthy Banana Nut Muffins  Someday, I'll learn to read a recipe fully before committing to it.  It says to soak the yogurt (or water/vinegar) and the whole wheat flour for 12-24 hours first...to aid with digestion, I think.  I was all...screw that!  And let it sit there for about 1 1/2 hours.  Also, I didn't buy enough yogurt.  I only ended up having a cup, so I added 1/3 cup of water for moisture.  Well...when all was said and done, I had playdough sitting there in that bowl.  A wiser me would have said, "I'm going to scrap this recipe and find another" since I hadn't actually put anything else in there yet.  But...oh, no...that thought didn't occur to me until much later. 

So once I added the other ingredients, I had big balls of flour chunkage in the batter.  What's a girl to do?  Oh, I know...let's gift a sifter and a ladle and try and sift it through but using the ladle to push the batter through the sifter holes so that maybe the flour chunks will break up and actually incorporate into the mix...for the next hour or two.  I strained that stuff for that long.  I refused to give in!  Well, it worked, but my legs, arms, neck and shoulders were killing from standing there over the bowl for so long. 

I fully expected these to taste like crap, but they were okay.  Not sweet at all.  I don't think I'll make them again.....or if I do, maybe I'll actually follow the recipe next time.  The muffins should have been 4 Points Plus, but I ended up adding in 1/2 cup of pecans instead of 1/3 cup, so these came in at 5 Points Plus.    I had one last night.  And one this morning.  I'm so disciplined!  Of course, I also stopped by McDonald's for a Diet Coke after dropping my niece off at the babysitter's and had a Sausage McGriddle.  11 Points Plus.  I still have over 30 PP left for the day and over 30 PP left in my weekly points.  I've been under or at my points everyday since Sunday, so if I end up having to dip into my weekly points, I'm totally okay with that.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Your encouragement is always welcome!