Saturday, April 13, 2013

Today's Weigh In

So, I can't remember if I mentioned it or not, but I'd been feeling very discouraged this past week because my weight was up over my first week weight loss and I just didn't feel like anything was ever going to come off.

But I actually lost .6 and am down to 334.8.  I'm very happy with that considering I didn't think I was going to lose anything!  It's not quite the 1 lb I was hoping for, but that happens.

I did exceptionally well all week, staying in my points and exercising for at least 11 minutes a day...

Yes, 11 minutes. 

The first week, I promised myself I would do 10 minutes a day and this past week, I added a minute.  Guess what?  This week, I'm adding another minute, bringing it to a total of 12 minutes a day.  And I'll keep doing that everyday until I'm up to 30 minutes.  That's my goal for now (and I should reach that sometime this fall, I do believe).  After I hit 30, I'll adjust my goal accordingly.  I think my aim will be anywhere from 30-45 minutes daily.

Lastly, I have a quick and easy salad recipe to share.

I've been doing a lot of indoor grilling lately and marinating boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a homemade southwest marinade.  After marinating for a few hours (or overnight), I throw those puppies on the stove top grill.



Chop the chicken up, throw it on a bed of lettuce with some tomatoes, salsa, guacamole, and a little light sour cream and you've got dinner.  You could also add some cheese in there too, but I chose to forego it.
 

Southwest Marinated Chicken

2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 cloves crushed garlic
2 tbsp lime juice (lemon would work as well)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp dried minced onion
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp corriander
salt & pepper to taste

I throw this marinade together with the chicken in a big zip lock bag.  The last time I made it, in fact, I used frozen chicken and just allowed it to thaw in the marinade on the counter during the day and it was perfect.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Your encouragement is always welcome!