Sunday, January 27, 2013

A Vegan Challenge

Hello all!  I'm on Day Two of a 6 week challenge I've embarked upon.  I'm going vegan for the next six weeks.  There are some rules involved and they are:

1.  All plant based foods.
2.  At least 10 minutes of scheduled exercise daily (walking around Wal-Mart doesn't count).
3.  Drink at least 64 oz of water a day.
4.  Track AND stay in points range daily. 

Yesterday, I successfully followed all three rules.  I ate a ton of veg and fruit.  I felt great yesterday.  Today I'm feeling pretty crummy, but I suspect that has more to do with the weather than anything else. 

During this challenge, I'm writing down some of my observations about what I notice in my body.  Friday night, before bed, I wrote out a list of all the things I notice about how my body is not functioning properly.  These include, but are not limited to:

  • painful sciatica running down my left leg...back after years relatively pain free
  • plantar fascitis in my left foot (my left side loves me)
  • dry patches all over my legs
  • swelling in my feet and calves
  • frequent fatigue
  • frequent headaches
  • achy knees
I could go on for days, I'm sure!  My starting weight was 338.2.  3 pounds higher than my starting weight on Weight Watchers back in August.  Lovely!

And because I'm feeling brave, here is a photo of me (notice, I'm hiding my face) from 3 weeks ago...
 Please excuse the crazy mess in my room!


I'm going to do my best to update as frequently as possible over the next 6 weeks.  I have no doubt in my mind that I will see this through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Your encouragement is always welcome!