Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Planning Is EVERYTHING

I've been going to the gym before work in the mornings since last week. I really enjoy it. I've only been walking on the treadmill and not doing anything totally crazy, but this is still huge for me. Here's why:

1. I have to get up before 5 AM to get there. I live an hour away from work, and have to be at work by 7:40. I like sleep.

2. I'm incredibly self conscious anyway, but especially about exercising in front of other people.

So the fact that I'm getting my butt out of bed to get to the gym in the morning and liking it is something I'm pretty pleased about.

Today I got up at my usual time, got dressed for the gym, made my breakfast, ate it and realized: "Today is picture day. I've nothing to wear. I must iron.". (I am an elementary teacher). So I had to iron something suitable for photos.

Now, last week, I was a rock star. I was preplanning my day the night before, making sure my clothes were ready, packing my lunch (something else I left to this morning), even considering how I'd be wearing my hair and what work that entailed.

By not planning I cost myself my morning workout. I cost myself that little smidge more fitness, more energy, a less achy body, and getting closer to my goal that much faster.

I did squeeze in a super brief at home exercising session, but the gym would have been better: A longer workout, a consistent schedule, and that boost to my confidence I get every time I leave having completed my little treadmill workout.

Tonight is my Weight Watchers meeting. I hope to be back soon with my thoughts on how that went and on this week's topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Your encouragement is always welcome!